The Welfare Rights Centre provides education and training on various topics in social security law and policy. Examples of topics include:
- Disability Support Pension;
- Social Security and Homelessness;
- Social Security for Financial Counselors; and
- Social Security and newly arrived migrants.
Past outreach and community legal education:
The Welfare Rights Centre has provided various outreach and legal education sessions at;
- CLCNSW Quarterlies on Robodebts;
- Mount Druitt Anglicare’s One Stop Shop providing advice to those with social security payments;
- Port Macquarie to the Aboriginal Network of Financial Counsellors on Centrelink Debts and Stolen Generation Reparation Scheme Payments; and
- Homeless Person Legal Service.
If you would like to request an education or training session for your organisation, please contact us on 9211 5389. Please note, that the Centre is happy to provide outreach and legal education sessions but due to limited capacity and resources will assess each request on a case by case basis.