Job title: Intake Officer
Work Type/s: Full-time/Permanent
Remuneration: Grade 3 $69,016.36 - $73,996.21 (commensurate with qualifications and experience) as per WRC Enterprise Agreement plus annual leave, superannuation 10.5%, and access to salary sacrificing arrangements
Applications close: 9 am, Monday 10 May 2021
The Welfare Rights Centre is recruiting for a permanent Intake Officer.
Your role will be to implement the Welfare Rights Centre’s client intake system, including the advice intake line and website inquiries. You will also recruit, train and support volunteers and maintain casework management systems.
We’re looking for someone who has at least 6 months’ experience volunteering or working in a community legal centre or who has previously worked with socially and economically disadvantaged people. You need to have good computer literacy skills and good communication skills.
This is a great opportunity to join a team of committed people, and contribute to our work to enforce the rights of socially and economically disadvantaged people to income support.
Full training will be provided to the right candidate.
You will be supervised by the Principal Solicitor. Please contact Katherine Boyle on (02) 9211 5389 if you have any questions.
Please email email@example.com the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Claim for position against the selection criteria
- Your CV
Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications close by 9 am, Monday 10 May 2021, with a view to interview during the week of 17 May 2021.
- At least six months’ experience volunteering or working in a community legal centre or in an organisation requiring interaction with social and economically disadvantaged people.
- Ability to learn and apply established casework practice procedures.
- Ability to supervise volunteers performing basic casework practice tasks, e.g. opening and closing case files.
- Good organisational skills and ability to manage competing deadlines.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Ability to supervise volunteers taking calls from clients and performing basic administration.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Please click here for Position Description.
We are not currently recruiting at this time. Please check again later.