There are currently no vacant positions.
We are seeking dedicated student volunteers to join our team of solicitors, caseworkers and community workers.
Volunteer duties include managing incoming calls, referrals, scanning documents, accessing the client data base, opening and closing of files, monitoring mail and emails and general support of the Office Administrator. Paralegal duties include performing conflict checks, managing the accurate recording of client information, recording client instructions, coordinating referrals, reviewing documents and general support of Caseworkers.
What we require from you
Student volunteers must agree to:
- contribute one half day per week for a six month period;
- attend a Zoom induction session;
- provide notice if you are unable to attend rostered shifts; and
- accept the terms and conditions of the confidentiality agreement.
What we offer you in return
The Centre offers volunteers:
- a supportive working environment;
- an induction and ongoing supervision;
- the opportunity to assist with paralegal work;
- participation in any Welfare Rights community legal education session; and
- a range of experiences in a community legal service.
Previous volunteering experience, a commitment to human rights and social justice, an understanding of the issues that affect people with social security matters, and the capacity to problem-solve will be an advantage when applying. You will have administrative and organisational skills, and the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders in a confident and a respectful manner. You will also need initiative and a sense of humour. Please note these are unpaid positions.
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your CV, responses to selection criteria, and a completed application form to email@example.com. You can download the selection criteria here and the application form here.
For more information please telephone Kylie Fergusson on (02) 9211 5389
Applications without a response to the selection criteria questions, a completed application form and a CV will not be considered.
Applications close shortly.