We are currently seeking Board Members to join the Board of the Welfare Rights Centre.
The Board is responsible for the governance, strategic direction and financial viability of Welfare Rights Centre and oversees its management.
The Board is committed to best practice governance and the fulfilment of the Welfare Rights Centre’s vision and goals.
Board directors must:
• demonstrate a commitment to the belief in a just welfare system for all Australians
• fulfil their legal duties, including to act honestly and in good faith, and to act in the best interests of the Welfare Rights Centre
• attend Board meetings and actively contribute to discussions and decision making
• join a sub-committee attend sub-committee meetings actively contribute to discussion and strategy
• exercise diligence and care and prepare for meetings by reading through all assigned papers
• contribute to the strategic direction for the Welfare Rights Centre and monitor the centre’s performance against these strategic goals
• along with fellow Directors, appoint the Executive Director and ensure adequate reporting is complete to monitor financial performance, identify and manage risks and give proper consideration to the concerns of the Welfare Rights Centre’s clients and other stakeholders
• comply with Welfare Rights Centre’s constitution, Charter and code of conduct, and policies
• declare any real or perceived conflicts of interest
• be committed to reconciliation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
• not do anything to that is likely to harm the Welfare Rights Centre’s reputation in the community.
Meetings are held every two months in the evening.
You can find more information about the position, including a position description here.
Applicants should send a CV, and an application letter to the Chair of the Welfare Rights Centre’s Board, Professor Simon Rice, firstname.lastname@example.org. An application letter should not be more than two pages, and should outline interest in and suitability for the position. All applications will be dealt with in confidence.
We strongly encourage First Nations people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with disability to apply. Please let us know if you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process.
Closing date for applications is Monday 29 August.
There are no current vacancies.
We are not currently recruiting.